Friday, March 23, 2007

Only Cool Kids Allowed

I'm crushed...

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium on my home PC. Recently, I tried to install Virtual PC 2007 where I was promptly greeted with an obscene dialog indicating that my host OS was not support for Virtual PC 2007. Your kidding, right?

Sure enough, reading the System Requirements, it clearly lists the supported host OS's and Vista Home Premium is not one of them. Oddly enough, Windows XP Professional, the host OS I left in favor of Vista Home Premium is supported.

Now, I am still going to try to run it on Vista Home Premium and hope for the best. My alternative is VMWare, but then that means I have to create my virtual HD's at the office, where I have a supported OS and then copy them to an external drive to bring them home. Thats just damn inconvenient.

BTW, found a good blog on all things virtual from Microsoft. Check out Virtual PC Guy's Weblog.

I'll post a follow up when I've blown off some steam and got one, or the other solution to work satisfactorily.

No comments:

Post a Comment